Friday, August 27, 2021

Origami

 Today I did some origami. We got to choose from these folds.

From the first look of my eye I had got to choose Pikachu especially if i'm a pokemon fan. When I clicked on the link I saw this:
I went to go grab a A4 paper and when I saw the next step I had to wait a little longer.
I realised that I needed a square! So I got to work and made a square then I started doing the steps.

Since I made a square this step was already done.
When I saw this step and tried doing it was kinda hard as whenever I fold the corners theirs always a tiny space there that later on mucks most things up. 
This step was kinda confusing because when I folded it to the bottom two tiny pieces poped out that meant I had done something wrong but I still continued.
When I got to this step it was kinda eazy because the folded piece is stopping me from going over.

We had to fold the other side which was ok.
This step we fold the left and right corners to the center.
When I saw this step it started to look more like Pikachu.
It still looked a little weird (you'll see later on why.)
We folded its chin.
And cheeks.
Now we were meant to turn it over! Thats why it looked funny.
This was my attempt.
I know it doesn't have the colours and stuff but still... It looks like Pikachu (kinda).

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Thomas,

    I love Pokemon too! I think you did a pretty amazing job and it looks close to Pikachu. I really like how much effort you put into this blog post. My favourite part was you commenting and telling us what you think of each step. It made your post very engaging - well done. Are you thinking of trying another origami and making the instructions up yourself?

    Looking forward to reading your future blog posts,
    Miss Laxa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Thomas, I like your choice of origami creation.
    You must love Pokémon and Pikachu is a very colourful choice. I too like Pokémon and your result looks a lot like the Pikachu on the instructions.
    However, I’d like to see it coloured in and with Pikachu’s sparky personality.
    Keep up the great sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Thomas.I like the instructions and how you explained how to make the pikachu. I tried making it and it turned out well.

    ReplyDelete